We kept the wheels in motion after our kickstart to 2019. Here is a recap of our busy Feb:
- Watched Conversations with Nature (7 short films) at the Imagine Science Film Festival at NYU Abu Dhabi.
- Took in the Papal Mass broadcast – a historic event as it was the first-ever visit by a pontiff to the Arabian Peninsula and an initiative of the Year of Tolerance here in the UAE.
- Got back over to Abu Dhabi Pottery to paint our mugs and bowls.
- Visited Warehouse 421 in the port area and enjoyed the photography exhibit on abandoned places in the UAE.
- Went to a backyard BBQ and played board games late into the night with our friends.
- Popped over to the Red Bull Air Race and watched in amazement as Jetman hovered on his jet pack back and forth over the Breakwater.
- Ran in the 5km Saadiyat Dock Run.
- Bec took me to Ferrari World where I finally got to ride the world’s fastest roller coaster, the Formula Rossa, which hits 240 km/h and 4.8 g’s.
- Went to the Cuban-Khaleeji Project Afro Latin Jazz Orchestra at NYU Abu Dhabi and kept the jazz theme going by spending the weekend in Dubai attending the Dubai Jazz Festival with Alicia Keys headlining.
- Ziplined through the Dubai Marina with our friend Herve (Maliha and Bec sat this one out) followed by lunch at the Palm Grill JBR.
- Indulged in some delicious cheese with Maliha at Dubai’s First Annual Cheese Fest.
- Bumped into Pierce Brosnan at the Louvre Abu Dhabi while checking out the Roads of Arabia exhibit and the newly purchased Rembrandt.
- The last week of Feb, we had our friend Jen stay with us while she was visiting from Canada and took her out to Nation Towers Neighbors, a social group in our building.
- At the end of the month, I had a team building event and took the podium in both karting sessions at Al Forsan International Sports Resort.